Used to hold in a vaginal prolapse until the ewe can give birth.
- Made of heavy duty yellow plastic that does not break in use.
- Made in only one size that will fit any breed of sheep.
A ewe can urinate and even lamb, if need be, past a prolapse retainer.
How to Use
- Clean off the prolapse.
- Apply SuperLube to it and push it gently, but completely, back inside the ewe.
- Insert the spoon into the vulva.
- Tie to a clump of wool (leave no slack). If there is no long wool, tie it to the two buckles of a prolapse harness (see accessories tab above).
For it to succeed on its own, it must be installed when the prolapse is very small and fresh (even an hour makes a difference). We rarely use this retainer on its own. If a ewe prolapes, we immediately use both a retainer and a harness. After the ewe stops straining (normally 2 to 3 days), we remove the retainer and somewhat loosen the harness.