Dunstan Sugarbeet Flakes is a natural feed, produced during the extraction of sugar from the root crop sugar beet. Dunstan Sugarbeet Flakes includes added molasses.
Dunstan Sugarbeet Flakes provides a rich balance of energy sources for horses and ponies. Energy from sugar is rapidly digested and used efficiently for work and performance.
Dunstan Sugarbeet Flakes is high in digestible fibre, which under bacterial digestion in the horses hind gut slowly releases energy, providing a good energy source, whilst keeping the digestive tract in good condition.
The combination of sugars and digestible fibre provides a slower release of energy than from cereal sources, ensuring a more constant energy supply to meet the horses requirement without the 'heating' effect sometimes associated with grain feeding.
Dunstan Sugarbeet Flakes is high in calcium, making it an ideal complement to oats and bran, helping to balance the diet.
Dunstan Sugarbeet Flakes is very palatable, its inherent high sugar content ensures that even shy feeders find this product irresistible.
Calculated Specifications (per kg as fed)
DE Mj/Kg 12.5
Generally Dunstan Sugarbeet Flakes are ideal to replace one quarter of a horses normal daily ration of cereals or other concentrate.
|Height In Hands
||Total dry weight (kg)* of Concentrates including Dunstan Sugarbeet Flakes by Work type Kgs
||Dry*Weight Dunstan Sugarbeet Flakes (kg)
Light to Moderate
Moderate to Hard
NOTE: Always ensure Dunstan Sugarbeet Flakes are soaked prior to feeding.
- Weights of Dunstan Sugarbeet Flakes refer to dry weight before soaking.
- The suggested quantity of Dunstan Sugarbeet Flakes is as part of the total weight of concentrates, not in addition to it.
- The total concentrate suggested should be fed in at least two and preferably three or four feeds per day.
- The maximum recommended levels should not be exceeded.
Easy to use - the only preparation required is the soaking of Dunstan Sugarbeet Flakes in two to three-times its own weight of water.
Always ensure Dunstan Sugarbeet Flakes are soaked prior to feeding.
Flake soaking time: 30 minutes
Dunstan Sugarbeet Flakes, as part of a balanced diet is an excellent way to supply horses and ponies with the energy they need to stay in top condition and perform at their best. Not only is Dunstan Sugarbeet Flakes a valuable nutritional supplement, but its palatability means your horse gets a treat as well!
Differences between Dunstan Sugarbeet Flakes once soaked and the previous Dunstan Sugarbeet Pellets once soaked.
- Dunstan Sugarbeet Flakes and our previous Dunstan Sugarbeet Pellets are identical from a nutritional perspective ( i.e. they provide the same calories per kg)
- Dunstan moved from supplying a beet pellet to a beet flake to ensure a significantly quicker soak time, and therefore provide a much more convenient feeding regime for the user. The Dunstan Sugarbeet Flakes will fully hydrate in 30 minutes, compared to overnight with the beet pellets.
As the flakes have undergone a different process to ensure a quicker soaking time, they don't 'bulk' up as much as the pellets. If you feed the same dry weight (not volume) of the flakes as you did with the pellets you will be providing your horse with the same nutritional contribution, however they will not soak to such a large volume as they absorb less water. So the additional bulk that was being fed with the pellets was water rather than product.
The new Dunstan Sugarbeet Flakes also come in 20kg bags so if you continue to feed the same weight of beet flakes as you were with the beet pellets, the bag will last the same amount of time and your horse will be provided with the same nutritional benefit as it was with the beet pellet . So there is no economic disadvantage from feeding beet flakes.
Available in 20 kg polypropylene bags.