- New born animals should be fed colostrum for the first four days
- All utensils and containers used in preparing and feeding must be
- All feed changes should be gradual as overfeeding can cause
- Mix milk powder prior to feeding, i.e. not the day before, not only
is there the potential for the milk to `go off? but calves prefer the milk
fresh and warm as energy will not be wasted in heating cold milk up
to blood temperature.
- Mix powder thoroughly with warm water (preferably 38-40
degrees). Do not use water above 45-50 degrees as this will reduce
the curding ability.
- Always use clean fresh water.
- Gradually increase feeding rates as this will avoid the potential for